Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back in the saddle

Well, I got back to Wolf 2 today (maybe I'll call it On the Prowl), and despite a slow start this morning, I am happy to report that I am at 15,064 words, which I think is an increase of around 1,900 words. I kind of lost track of the count somewhere. At this rate, if my kids didn't get sick and spring break wasn't hovering around the corner, I could have this book done in about a month! Of course, that won't happen, but it's fun to think about.

I'm going to keep this brief, because (a) it's my Cozy Chicks day and (b) I just wolfed down (har, har) about a third of a stale King Cake and need to do some kind of exercise if I want to be able to button my jeans, but I am thrilled to be writing again.

Now I just have to come up with a topic for my CC post. Hmmm. Maybe that post I had in mind earlier this week: When Bad Things Happen to Good Characters.

I might just do that...

At any rate, enough about me. How's everyone else? Debra, how's the editing? Laura, how's the writing?

UPDATE: I did post it: you can find it here. Ta for now!

4 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I never thought I'd want to read a werewolf story, but I can't wait to read yours! Somehow I know I'm going to laugh a lot even if it's a mystery...
I am very anxious to complete the mystery I'm working on so I can start a new one and get into a routine like you do by keeping count of the # of words,etc.... My little children are all grown up and I have no excuse now like I used to...I understand your frustration when kids get sick and when holidays get in the way of the schedule you try to stick to. I've been there... (Now I have grandchildren -- and they're so much more fun....)

 
At 11:17 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Laura K. Curtis said...

Tonight I had my Sisters in Crime meeting. It's in the city (NYC), about an hour from where I live, so I left really early and spent a couple hours sitting in a Starbucks writing. I haven't typed everything up yet so I don't know the real count, but I am guessing it's about 700 words. I just got home and I am BEAT, so I'm going to sleep. I have to get some work...er...real work...done tomorrow, but I am determined to type this stuff in and write more. The nice thing about the SinC meetings--though they take a big chunk of time since it's an hour each way for me--is that I do come away ready to work.

 
At 7:10 AM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

To be honest, if you told me two years ago that I'd be writing a werewolf story, I never would have believed you. But I'm having a ball doing it! (And yes, there's a lot of humor.)

Hop on board with the new book when you're ready -- or simply post your progress on the one you're working on, whether it's revisions or adding words. In either case, it's great that you're already thinking about the next book. And I look forward to being a grandma! (Even though I'm enjoying being a mom.)

 
At 7:13 AM, February 23, 2007, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Laura,

It's SO important to get together with other writers, isn't it? We have a lonely job, and unless you're doing it too, it's sometimes hard to relate. We work by ourselves for such a long time that it can be easy to get discouraged. I go to my critique group every week, and I have since I started Murder almost four years ago -- it's great getting together with people who understand what it's like.

I'm so glad you're working -- and 700 words is quite an accomplishment.

Sleep well, stay inspired... and keep those words coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home