Sunday, January 22, 2006

Rainy days and rivers

Well, it's finally raining and cool here... we've tucked in all day, drinking tea, reading books, and enjoying the chance to relax and listen to the rain on the metal roof. Tomorrow we'll plunge back into the frenzy again, but today we can just sit and be.

Speaking of plunging in, I've grabbed a raft and pushed off into another fictional river -- this one set far away from Maine and the Gray Whale Inn. I'm excited about it, although with page proofs for Murder and edits on Dead and Berried both due in two weeks -- not to mention a new Gray Whale Inn story starting to come to life -- I haven't immersed myself completely. But the new book is developing on the page, seemingly of its own accord, and I'm getting that familiar ripple of excitement that comes with a new project. Writing may be hard work, but I love getting into the 'zone' -- where all you do is show up at the keyboard with an idea, and before you know it, a whole world has emerged, filled with characters that spring to life on the page.

More soon... and hope all of your writing projects are going swimmingly!

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Thanks, Dana... and I'd love to get together sometime. Your project sounds exciting; I'm envisioning an entry in the manuscript contest this March! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home