Thursday, January 19, 2006

Bed and Breakfast America!







Wonderful news...

I just talked with the publisher of Bed and Breakfast America, a national magazine I discovered and fell in love with a few months ago. Well, it turns out that Pegi (the publisher, and an innkeeper herself) read an advance copy of Murder on the Rocks. She loved the book; in fact, she enjoyed it so much that she asked me to do a series of Gray Whale Inn stories for the magazine!

So of course I said yes. :)

An excerpt from Murder on the Rocks -- and a book review -- are scheduled to appear in the Spring 2006 issue of the magazine, which is a gorgeous publication featuring lots of wonderful bed and breakfasts, recipes, interviews with innkeepers, articles on wine... and soon, Natalie Barnes and the Gray Whale Inn!

I'm already hard at work on the first story, Blueberry Blues, which will appear in the Summer issue -- along with another delicious Gray Whale Inn recipe. You can find a copy at your local independent bookstore, Barnes and Noble, Borders, and Hastings; or, to subscribe, go to Bed and Breakfast America.

I also found out that release date for the second Gray Whale Inn mystery, Dead and Berried, has been moved up to February of 2007. Things are moving right along! In fact, it looks like I'd better get to work on the third book! More details soon...

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Mary Louisa said...

Congratulations on the new gig, Karen. I look forward to seeing your work in the magazine!

 
At 6:03 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Thanks, Mary Louisa! (Gosh. I finally figured out how this comment thing works.) And I hope your work's chugging along as well! -- Karen

 
At 12:42 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Sara Rosett said...

Hey, Karen.

Great news! Congratulations!

 
At 5:57 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Sara, thanks so much! I'm thrilled to death. And keep me posted on your launch, too...

-- Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home