Thursday, February 01, 2007

Schedule problems

I recently rearranged my life to keep my mornings free, but every once in a while -- like today -- it doesn't work out. So I enjoyed a delightful eggs benedict breakfast with some friends (incomprehensibly, the cook forgot the english muffin), served lasagna to about two hundred elementary school students, unloaded the dishwasher, and now -- at 12:30 p.m. -- am just sitting down for two hours of writing. And to be honest, I can think of about forty-thousand things I'd rather do. Like clean toilets or organize the garage.

Gosh, I hate afternoon writing sessions.

To inspire myself, I'm going to the coffee house. Where, if I finish my quota, I will allow myself to purchase a book I've had my eye on.

Will check in later. Wish me luck!

P.S. worked out after all... 4747 and counting! (And I met a new werewolf today... hope to know her name tomorrow.) :)

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, February 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karen:) I just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I have enjoyed your Gray Whale Inn series. Will there be a third?

I'm also looking forward to your new supernatural mystery series. Thanks:)

 
At 10:25 AM, February 03, 2007, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Gosh... thanks so much, Sarah. Your comment made my day! :)

Although right now I'm in the world of werewolves, I'm looking at the writing schedule and talking with my editor about the Gray Whale Inn. I've got lots of ideas still for Natalie and the gang... I'll let you know what happens!

Thank you again for the kind words -- and I hope you enjoy Sophie the werewolf when she hits the stands!

Karen

 
At 4:50 PM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks:)
I just finished "Dead and Berried" this morning. I couldn't put it down, and that hasn't happened in awhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home