Saturday, February 10, 2007

Girls vs. Boys

Two quotes overheard in my living room at some time during the last 12 hours:

Abby: "Mom! Come look at my horse show! I put the baby horse under her mom!"

Ian: "Mommy! Come look at my garbage truck! I filled it up with body parts!"

(Author's note: the body parts were from Lego people, not actual human playmates.)

And I just made a gigantic bowl of fairy fudge with my daughter. Because her fever was gone last night, we all licked the bowl.

Five minutes later, the phone rang. She tested positive for Strep Throat.

Gaaaaahhhhhhh!

Will post later in the event that my computer and I have some intimate one-on-one time resulting in some novel-esque word progeny.

Karen (whose throat is already feeling sore)

P.S. managed to slip in 703 words, for a total of 13,093. How's everyone else doing? (Except Debra, who's done... congrats!)

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girls vs. boys. I don't have kids, but I see the difference in my dogs. Susie is very girly (if she was human she'd cost me a fortune in clothes & accessories)& Billy is all boy. Susie was an easy puppy, she got into a little trouble, she was a chewer. Billy? He got into so much trouble, he actually went looking for trouble - I know he did.
They had their pictures taken today for Valentine's day -they're so cute. I spent the whole day with my writer's group.
And, this morning I finished by revisions!!!! Happy dance time.

Karen, you may now drink something alcoholic. LOL. Enjoy.

Me? I'm exhausted. I'm so wired from spending the day with other writers (after we leave the library we go for lunch and then hit the local Waldenbooks) that there's no way I can rest. I just finished a cup of coffee (like I needed caffeine) and went through the new issue of RT.

I'm so happy the revisions are done. Finally. My plan is for the next two weeks I'll read through the ms. make any changes & then send it out. Then I'm taking a week off to regroup and relax.

I hope that your sore throat doesn't turn into strep. Too bad they didn't call just a few minutes earlier, huh?

Well, I'm going to start printing my ms. Have a good weekend.

Debra S.

 
At 6:16 PM, February 10, 2007, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Congratulations, Debra! (Doing the happy dance.) I'll break open a Pinot Grigio for dinner, both as a celebratory gesture and in hope that the alcohol will kill any stray strep germs.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Put your feet up, relax, and enjoy.

And I am so impressed that you had V-Day pictures made. I still haven't actually gotten around to buying copies of the kids-with-pumpkin photos taken October 2005. Yes, you read that right. 2005.

Thanks for letting me know... and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the agent falls in love with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home