Saturday, June 17, 2006

What a party!

My wonderful in-laws and husband threw me a fabulous party last night, with enough Wicked Blueberry Coffee Cake, Blackout Brownies and chocolate chip cookies to sink a ship. So many of my friends came -- writing friends, school friends, neighbors, friends I've known for years -- it was wonderful to have so many people I care about in one place! (Not to mention two cases of wine.) And my husband and kiddos got me a brand new signing pen -- a beautiful Waterford with a felt-tip. No more begging Bic pens from booksellers!

Speaking of booksellers, I'll be at Borders in Austin today (by the south Central Market); feel free to stop by and say hi! I'll have chocolate chip cookies and blueberry coffee cake, but I'm afraid I'm out of wine!

On the writing front, Friday was a rewrite day -- have you ever written a scene and know you've only got 60 percent of what you could get out of it? Well, I spent Friday morning wringing out another 20 percent. And with one more day -- thankfully, my schedule will be back to normal come Monday, with Abby in camp and Ian in school -- I hope to hit 100 percent, or close to it. It will be good to be back on schedule. I haven't walked in a week, and although my daughter has been more than patient (an unlimited book budget, lots of lemon cake and a ton of orange soda has helped) sitting in Starbucks while I work, I think everyone will prefer this arrangement.

BTW, I'll be teaching another course called Gotta Get that Novel Out at the Writers' League of Texas this fall... and next week, at the Agents and Editors conference, I'll be doing a breakout session on agent hunting.

Oh -- and if you'll be in Plano next weekend, my signing has moved from 12 to 1, and I'll be in Mesquite at 2:00. I'll also be on CCTV Books in Review!

Gosh... with all this excitement, I think I need a nap...

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, June 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, hope to see you in Plano, if not maybe in Mesquite, what store in Mesquite?

 
At 4:28 PM, June 19, 2006, Blogger Karen MacInerney said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Here's the skinny:

Saturday, June 24, 2 p.m.
Borders Books and Music
2709 N. Mesquite Dr
Mesquite TX
972-279-5203

I hope to see you there!

Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home