Sunday, June 17, 2012

Clotted Cream -- Recipe

I first had clotted cream in Newfoundland, when I was about 12 years old.  It was freshly made and served with wild raspberries, and I've never forgotten it.  It's creamy, buttery, and delicious either with scones and jam  or with a spoon at midnight while standing in front of the fridge.  

I picked up a pint of cream at the farmers' market yesterday and decided to try it myself with this recipe from Sustainable Table; there's a pan of cream in my oven right now.  If this works out, I may have to include this in my next cozy mystery -- the first of the Dewberry Farm mysteries, set in Buttercup, Texas.  (It involves a wayward Jersey named Blossom, so there will be plenty of cream with which to make butter.  And cheese.  And clotted cream.  I'm about a quarter of the way done with the first book... more soon!)

Off to check on my cream now.  Will post a photo if it comes out.  :)


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home